APPSC Mains Printed Spiral Binded Notes Paper 3
Number of Pages-286
(A) Indian Polity and Constitution:
1. Indian Constitution and its salient features - Functions and duties of the Indian Union and the State Governments.
2. Issues and challenges pertaining to the Federal structure — Role of Governor in States - Distribution of powers between the Union and States (Union list, State list and Concurrent list) — Issues and challenges.
3. Rural and Urban Local Governance under 73 and 74 Constitutional Amendment Constitutional Authorities and their Role.
4. Parliament and State Legislatures — structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
5. Judiciary in India — Structure and functions, important provisions relating to emergency and constitutional amendments, judicial review, Public Interest Litigation.
(B) Public Administration and Governance:
6. Meaning, Nature and Scope of Public Administration — Evolution in India — Administrative ideas in Kautilya's Arthashastra; Mughal administration; Legacy of British rule.
7. Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues and problems of implementation.
8. Development processes - the role of civil society, NGOs and other stakeholders –
9. Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial authorities - Role of Civil Services in Democracy.
10. Good governance and e-governance- Transparency, accountability and responsiveness in governance — Citizen's Charter. RTI, Public Service Act and their implications, Concept of Social Audit and its importance.
(C). Ethics in Public Service and knowledge of law
11. Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and Consequences of Ethics in Human actions: dimensions of Ethics: Ethics in Private and Public relationships, Ethics-integrity and Accountability in Public Service.
12. Human values: Understanding the Harmony in existence Human relationships in the society and in the Nature. Gender Equability in the relationships Role of family, society and Educational Institutions in imparting values to citizens, lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrations.
13. Attitude: Content, Functions, its influence and relation with thought and behaviour, Moral and Political attitudes, role of Social influence and persuasion. Emotional intelligence- Concepts and their utilities and application in Administration and Governance.
14. Concept of Public Service, "Philosophical basis of Governance professional Ethics in the light of right understanding and Vision for Holistic Technologies, Codes of Ethics, codes of Conduct, RTI, Public Service Act, Leadership Ethics, Work culture, Ethical principles with in an Organizational content. - Ethical and moral values in governance, Ethical issues in international relations, corruption, Lokpal, Lokayukta
15. Basic Knowledge of Laws in India
Constitution of India: Nature and salient features – Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles of State Policy – Bifurcation of powers between centre and state (state list, union list and concurrent list) – Powers of judiciary, executive and legislature.
Civil and Criminal laws: hierarchy of civil and criminal courts in India - difference between substantial and procedural laws – order and decree - new developments in criminal laws, Nirbhaya Act.
Labour Law: Concept of social welfare legislations in India, changing trends in employment and necessity for new labour laws.
Cyber Laws: Information Technology Act – Cyber Security and Cyber Crime – difficulties in determining competent jurisdiction of courts in case of cyber-crimes.
Tax Laws: Laws relating to income, Profits, Wealth Tax, Corporate Tax - GST