HPPCS Mains Printed Spiral Binded Notes Paper 5 (GS-II)
Number of pages-228
PAPER-V: GENERAL STUDIES-II (200 MARKS)UNIT–ISUB UNIT–1
· Constitution of India: Historical underpinning, evolution, salient features.· Significant provisions including Fundamental Rights & Fundamental Duties., Directive Principles of State Policy,· Amending process and important Constitutional Amendments and theory of basic structure.
· Parliament and State legislatures, Structure, Organization and functioning of the Union Executive and State Executive and the Judiciary.· Functions and responsibilities of Union and States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up-to local level and challenges therein.· Salient features of the Representation of People's Act. Appointments to various constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various constitutional bodies in India.·
Reorganization and politics of statehood.·· Development of political parties, major Political parties and their support base and performance in the Assembly and Parliamentary elections in Himachal Pradesh.· Politics of sub-regionalism and pressure groups in the Himachal Pradesh.· Structure, organization and functioning of Statutory, Regulatory and various Quasi- Judicial bodies in Himachal Pradesh.
Note:— All the topics / subjects covered under SUB UNIT-3 are relevant to the State of Himachal Pradesh.UNIT-II
Institutional framework, Policies and Interventions for development in various sectors in India.·· Governance, Good governance, Citizen Charters, effective public service delivery, transparency, accountability and ethics in governance in India.· District Administration: Changing role of Deputy Commissioner.· Local self-government in urban and rural areas in India.
· Role of Non-Government Organizations (NGOs),· Self Help Groups (SHGs) and Civil Society in Governance in India.· Bodies constituted, Policies, Programmes and Schemes for welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes,· Women, Minorities, Backward classes, Differently-abled persons, and children in India.· Issues relating to quality of life: livelihood, poverty, hunger, disease and social inclusiveness.
Governance in Himachal Pradesh:·· The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Guarantee Act 2011;· Right to Information Act, 2005 and rules made thereunder by the Himachal Pradesh Government.· Administrative reforms for effective public service delivery in Himachal Pradesh.· Implementation of 73 & 74 Constitutional amendments in Himachal Pradesh.· Issues and Challenges. Programmes and policies for the welfare of differently-abled persons, women and children in Himachal Pradesh.
Note:— All the topics / subjects covered under SUB UNIT-3 are relevant to the State of Himachal Pradesh.
· Bilateral, Regional and Global groupings and agreements involving India and affecting India’s interests.· India’s look east policy.· India’s relations with United States of America (U.S.A.), Russia, China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Afghanistan, Nepal, Maldives and Middle East Countries.
· Effects of the policies of developed and developing countries on India’s interest, Indian Diaspora.· Important international Institutions, agencies and fora, their structure and mandate.
· Cyber crime and drug menace – mechanism to detect and control it in Himachal Pradesh.· Enactments made by Himachal Pradesh Government to protect and promote the interests of agrarian society.· Various policies framed by the Government of Himachal Pradesh for the socioeconomic development of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes of the State.· Tribal welfare administration, Tribal sub plan and Single line administration in Himachal Pradesh.